Playground Games are looking for a Lead Character Artist to join our Fable team.
As a first-party Xbox Games Studio, we’re passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun. We’re excited to be rebooting the much loved Fable franchise alongside our continued development of the award-winning Forza Horizon series. Our collaborative, diverse, industry-leading team is dedicated to making the best Fable game possible. We’re looking for an exceptional person to help us achieve that goal.
About the Role:
We are seeking a skilled Lead Character Artist to manage and lead our Character Art team in delivering high-quality character art assets. You will work collaboratively with the Character Director and Art Producer to plan and execute character art work that meets our technical requirements and high-quality standards. As the ideal candidate, you will have technical experience in character art creation and optimization, as well as excellent communication skills to work closely with technical departments.
What you'll do:
- Lead and manage the Character Art team in delivering high-quality character art assets.
- Collaborate with the Character Director and Art Producer to plan and execute character art work that meets our technical requirements and high-quality standards.
- Ensure all character art assets are optimized for performance and meet technical requirements.
- Maintain technical integrity of character assets and provide guidance to the team on technical aspects of their work
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure consistency and quality across all aspects of the game.
- Provide regular feedback and coaching to the team to improve their skills and work quality.
What you'll bring:
- Strong experience in realistic character art creation and optimization.
- In-depth understanding of 3D modelling, texturing, and rendering techniques.
- Proficient in industry-standard software packages such as 3D modelling tools, as well as sculpting tools.
- Well-developed knowledge of human anatomy and understanding of best practices to suit animation and engine requirements.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft office.
- Experience working with technical departments and an understanding of game engine limitations
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and collaborate with other departments.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work under tight deadlines.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make world-class games with an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.Apply Now