Playground Games is looking for a Senior Technical Designer to join our Fable team on a permanent basis.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun. We are excited to be rebooting the much-loved Fable franchise and are expanding our diverse team to create a new classic in the action RPG genre.
About the role:
As a Senior Technical Designer, you will be working with the technical design team who take responsibility for the script architecture for Fable. You will work within our custom, proprietary engine in collaboration with other disciplines like Design and Engineering. You will own key scripted systems and features, build prototypes, and create gameplay ingredients for designers to use. You will also provide guidance to non-senior members of the technical design team.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced Technical Designer who is passionate about their craft, skilled in problem identification and solving, text-based scripting, and cross-discipline communication, and has the track record to prove it.
This is a permanent role based at our state-of-the-art facilities in Royal Leamington Spa on hybrid basis.
What you’ll do:
- Take ownership of implementing and maintaining key scripted systems and features.
- Build gameplay ingredients for other disciplines to use.
- Build prototypes to help answer creative, technical, and workflow questions.
- Collaborate with creative and technical disciplines like Game Design and Engineering.
- Guide and advise non-senior members of the technical design team.
What you’ll bring:
- Scripting experience in C++, C#, or similar.
- Industry experience in relevant positions, ideally on at least 1 AAA title.
- A track record of quality in your previous work, demonstrable through portfolio or industry work.
- Interest in collaborating within a team of diverse perspectives to derive great solutions.
- Passionate about problem identification and solving.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A genuine passion for games.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make world-class games with an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.Apply Now