Playground Games is looking for a Senior Concept Artist to join our Forza Horizon team who can help realise our game vision and work alongside award-winning technical and creative talent.
As a Concept Artist you will be instrumental in designing environments, keyframes, props and set concepts. You will work in conjunction with the Art Director to transform ideas into inspiring concepts and production imagery.
You must have a strong grasp for visual design and excellent foundation skills. You must be flexible, highly motivated and detail conscious. Industry knowledge, coupled with experience working on published console titles is desirable.
A background in Fine Art is also desirable (but not essential) for this role. This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the world’s most exciting game studios, to create world class games, within a successful, highly talented and collaborative team.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of working on published AAA titles
- Superior understanding of visual design principles
- Superior understanding of light and colour
- Ability to capture key moods/elements/lighting in the early stages of your work
- Understanding how ideas translate from the conceptual phase to in game content
- Ability to produce accurate and detailed callouts
- Quickly iterate on ideas and feedback
- An eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills
- A passion for games
- A good grasp of 3D software