Playground Games is looking for a Lighting Artist to join our Fable team on a contract basis.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun. We are excited to be rebooting the much-loved Fable franchise and are expanding our diverse team to create a new classic in the action RPG genre.
About the role:
As lighting artist, you will work with the lighting lead to deliver world class lighting for our open world games.
You will be setting up time of day cycles, light environments and control the atmosphere and mood of the next entry into the Fable franchise. You will join a world class team of passionate developers and artists who aim to push real-time visuals to new heights.
This is a contract role based at our state-of-the-art facilities in Royal Leamington Spa.
What you’ll do:
- Create lighting setups for our open world environments
- Setup time of day lighting and atmosphere
- Control Weather types and chances
- Work with the Lighting Lead and Art Directors to establish visual targets.
What you’ll bring:
- Strong knowledge of lighting theory.
- Understanding of lighting pipelines and cutting-edge art techniques.
- An interest in off-line 3D rendering is desirable.
- A passion for games.
- A portfolio demonstrating high-quality lighting work. This portfolio can be submitted as a link to a portfolio website or added as an attachment along with your CV.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a world-class game with an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.Apply Now