Playground Games is looking for a Senior Gameplay Designer to join our Fable team on a permanent basis.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun. We are excited to be rebooting the much-loved Fable franchise and are expanding our diverse team to create a new classic in the action RPG genre.
About the role:
As a Senior Gameplay Designer, you will be working with the Gameplay team to deliver character-driven gameplay systems and memorable combat encounters. You will take ownership of the design and implementation of features within combat, enemies, and 3Cs and traversal, translating content requirements into encounter proposals, and implementing your designs while collaborating with other disciplines to ensure their delivery.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced designer who is passionate about their craft, skilled in character-driven gameplay and combat design, and has the track record to prove it.
This is a contract role based at our state-of-the-art facilities in Royal Leamington Spa.
What you’ll do:
- Take ownership of features, creating and maintaining high-quality designs.
- Use propriety tools to implement features and encounters to the highest standard.
- Act as a champion of quality while developing highly satisfying, engaging action gameplay.
- Mentor and support junior teammates, providing feedback on design work.
What you’ll bring:
- Industry experience in senior gameplay design positions, ideally on at least 1 AAA title with character-driven combat.
- Experience with text-based or visual-scripting tools.
- An effective capability to be a highly reliable, autonomous member of the team.
- A strong ability to identify and solve problems throughout all stages of development.
- A track record of quality in your previous work, demonstrable through portfolio or industry work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A genuine passion for games.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a world-class game with an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.