Playground Games is looking for a Senior Gameplay Engineer to join our Fable team on a permanent basis.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun. We are excited to be rebooting the much-loved Fable franchise and are expanding our diverse team to create a new classic in the action RPG genre.
About the role:
As a Senior Gameplay Engineer, you will play a crucial role within the gameplay engineering team, promoting good practices, mentoring other engineers, and guiding the delivery of high-quality systems that are performant and scalable.
You will work with the design teams to understand and deliver game features, game systems, and mechanics. You will work with the lead engineer to establish high-level goals for the team, and directly with the dev team to plan and deliver gameplay features.
Our ideal candidate is an expert Gameplay Engineer who is passionate about their craft, autonomous, skilled in C++, and has a proven track record in games development.
This is a permanent role based at our state-of-the-art facilities in Royal Leamington Spa, with a hybrid work model in place. Relocation assistance is available if required.
What you’ll do:
- Provide guidance and mentoring to the gameplay engineering team.
- Own significant gameplay and engine features within our custom, proprietary engine.
- Work closely with other teams, providing reliable and effective workflows, empowering them through our technology.
- Become a key collaborator who can work effectively within a large multi-disciplined team.
What you’ll bring:
- 5 years of Gameplay Engineering experience, with demonstrable work on at least one published title.
- Strong C++ experience.
- Experience working with proprietary engines is a plus.
- Excellent task planning and delivery mindset.
- A genuine passion for video games.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make world-class games with an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.Apply Now