Playground Games is looking for a Lead UI Engineer to join our Fable team on a permanent basis.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun. We are excited to be rebooting the much-loved Fable franchise and are expanding our diverse team to create a new classic in the action RPG genre.
About the role:
As Lead UI Engineer, you will work with the UI team to foster a highly technical and collaborative engineering group. As lead you will be responsible for setting team goals, line management, career development and helping shape our technology.
Our ideal candidate is a proven engineering lead who is passionate about their craft, experienced in UI as a problem domain, and thrives off working with others.
This is a permanent role based at our state-of-the-art facilities in Royal Leamington Spa.
What you’ll do:
- Work with stakeholder groups to identify UI and core technology requirements.
- Provide tech direction for our custom, proprietary engine.
- Manage goals and ensure delivery of work for a team of engineers.
- Define, deploy, and measure career development goals.
- Interview and evaluate UI Engineering candidates.
What you’ll bring:
- 5 years of engineering experience, with demonstrable work on at least 1 published title (ideally AAA).
- Experience leading a team of engineers.
- Strong understanding of UI frameworks and patterns. WPF experience is a plus.
- Expert knowledge of C++.
- Keen collaboration and delivery mindset.
- A genuine passion for video games.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make “world-class games” with an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.Apply Now