Playground Games is looking for a Senior Gameplay Engineer to join our Forza team
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a Senior Gameplay Engineer, you will be working with the art, design and engineering teams to deliver Gameplay features and core technology features. You will work with the lead engineer to establish high-level goals for the team and directly with the dev team to plan and deliver Gameplay features.
Our ideal candidate is an expert Gameplay Engineer who is passionate about their craft, autonomous, skilled in C++, and has a proven track record in games development.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Implement compelling Gameplay features which are key to our projects vision.
- Develop core Gameplay and engine features within our custom, proprietary engine.
- Work closely with the Design team to empower them through our technology.
- Become a key collaborator who can work effectively within a large multi-disciplined team.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- 5 years of Gameplay Engineering experience, with demonstrable work on at least one published title (ideally AAA).
- Strong C++ experience.
- Knowledge of best practices and patterns to implement robust and well architecture systems.
- An eye to spot, and execute, improvements to code systems and processes to continually look to better how we work.
- Excellent task planning and delivery mindset.
- A genuine passion for video games.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.Apply Now