Playground Games is looking for a Foliage Environment Artist to join our talented Forza Horizon team here in Leamington Spa.
As a premier first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and most of all fun. We are looking to expand our diverse team as we continue driving forward our BAFTA award-winning Forza Horizon franchise.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a Foliage Environment Artist, you will be working with the Environment team to deliver the content required for creating the immersive environment of Forza Horizon. You will be responsible for creating consistently high-quality environment art and raising the bar for content in our game. You'll work closely with internal stakeholders, so communicating effectively is essential.
Our ideal candidate is an extraordinary Environment Artist who is passionate about their craft, skilled with the tools of the trade and has the track record to prove it.
This role is based in our state-of-the-art studio in Leamington Spa, with a hybrid work model. Relocation assistant is available if required.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work closely with Leads, Directors, and multi-disciplinary stakeholders to create visually stunning environments that meet gameplay needs.
- Work with you team to define artistic benchmarks, workflows, and final game content.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
- Strong understanding of the use of real-world reference.
- Knowledge of using 3Ds Max or equivalent software such as Maya or Blender.
- Knowledge of using SpeedTree is preferred.
- Knowledge of using Photoshop and Substance Designer for texture creation.
- A portfolio demonstrating the creation of foliage assets like Trees or plants/grass.
- An understanding and experience of optimising memory and performance for foliage assets within game engines is preferred.
- Knowledge of photogrammetry processing and optimisation to game ready assets as desirable.
- Experience in creating/refining workflows and documenting them is desirable.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills. Ability to manage tasks, meet deadlines, proactively address work-related issues, and a passion for learning and evolving as a professional.
- A passion for learning and evolving as a professional.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.
If you require any reasonable accommodation to apply for this position, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply Now