Playground Games is looking for a Lead Audio Programmer to join our Fable team on a contract basis.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun. We are excited to be rebooting the much-loved Fable franchise and are expanding our diverse team to create a new classic in the action RPG genre.
About the role:
As a Lead Audio Programmer, you will be working with the audio engineering and audio design teams to deliver audio features such as acoustics, soundscapes, dialogue, and music systems. You will be ultimately responsible for the direction and output of the audio engineering team, and will contribute to the engineering effort yourself.
Our ideal candidate is someone very experienced in audio engineering with a track record to prove it, passionate about audio in games, and passionate about leading a small team of engineers to achieve best in class audio for AAA games.
This is a contract role based at our state-of-the-art facilities in Royal Leamington Spa.
What you’ll do:
- Work with the audio design team to understand their requirements.
- Also work alongside the wider team including game design to ensure audio is considered as part of all feature designs and help those teams to find practical solutions.
- Mentor and develop the audio engineering team to ensure they’re working to the best of their abilities.
- Maintain a clear roadmap of work with clear delivery dates.
What you’ll bring:
- 2+ years of audio engineering experience, with demonstrable work on at least 1 published title (ideally AAA).
- Experience leading a small team or a multi-discipline collaboration, and a passion to lead others.
- Excellent communication skills, and a collaborative mindset to help everyone achieve their goals.
- A genuine passion for video games.
- Experience with third party audio tools, but experience with Wwise is a plus.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a world-class game with an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.Apply Now