Playground Games is looking for an Associate Lead Environment Artist to join our Fable team who will help realise our game's vision and work alongside award-winning technical and creative talent.
As Associate Lead Environment Artist you’ll oversee a specialist area within the Environment Art team, working in conjunction with the Art Director and Lead Environment Artists to deliver work for the team and ensure our high-quality bar is realised. You will also have experience in the technical aspects of your craft as well as being comfortable communicating with technical departments.
- Lead, motivate and inspire your specialist team to maintain and push visual quality while delivering within the production needs.
- Management of Environment Artists within your specialist area, including holding regular check-ups, setting objectives, looking after the wellbeing of the team, and providing the support that might be needed in their daily work.
- Point of contact for your team to drive the visual quality in conjunction with Environment Art Lead and Art Director.
- Act as hiring manager building the team depending on the project needs together with the Environment Art Lead and Art Producer.
- Shipped title in a senior or lead role, Ideally in AAA.
- Experience with previous titles, seeing production from initial phase to delivery.
- Strong interest in self-development of managerial skills, overseeing the work of other team members and mentoring and developing them.
- Understand the importance of communication and collaborative problem-solving skills.
- A strong understanding of technical aspects for environment creation together with a proactive drive for efficiency in work methods & the maintenance of high standards.
- Good understanding of current generation production workflows in relation to environment art production.
- Able to provide clear and consistent feedback and critique based on art direction and any technical considerations.
- Good technical knowledge of one specialist area that goes into production of an open world environment.
- Portfolio showcasing your proficiency within the craft.
- Keen interest in games and game design beyond art.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the world’s most exciting game studios, using leading technology to create world class games, within a successful, highly talented and collaborative team.Apply Now