Playground Games is looking for a Senior Cinematic Lighting Artist to join our Fable team on a permanent basis.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun. We are excited to be rebooting the much-loved Fable franchise and are expanding our diverse team to create a new classic in the action RPG genre.
About the role:
As Senior Cinematic Lighting Artist, you will be working with the Lighting and Cinematic Directors to realize our vision for the cinematic lighting in Fable. You will create and maintain all elements of cinematic lighting and proactively drive collaboration with other departments and CoDev.
Our ideal candidate is an expert lighting artist who is passionate about their craft, skilled in lighting, colour and composition and has the track record to prove it. This role is a perfect opportunity for VFX lighting artists or DP/LDs trying to break into the game industry.
This is a contract role based at our state-of-the-art facilities in Royal Leamington Spa.
What you’ll do:
- Develop colour/lighting scripts for high quality AAA in-game cinematics.
- Create real-time character and environment lighting schemes for cinematic scenes and scripted events.
- Shot colour grading for real-time cinematics.
- Support and inform Co-Development partners in the execution of your lighting schemes.
What you’ll bring:
- A portfolio demonstrating high-quality cinematic lighting work. This portfolio can be submitted as a link to a portfolio website or added as an attachment along with your CV.
- Excellent understanding of photography principles and cinematic language
- Ability to create atmosphere, drama and emotion through light.
- A genuine passion for video games.
- Understanding of real time lighting systems and a HDR pipelines are a plus.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make world-class games with an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.Apply Now