Playground Games is looking for a Lead Cinematic Designer to join our Forza Horizon team.
As Lead Cinematic Designer you’ll oversee the Cinematics team, working in conjunction with the Art Director to proactively drive cinematics in collaboration with other disciplines to ensure all needs are understood and met, resulting in the delivery of high-quality cinematics across all areas of the game.
Along with being highly motivated, organized and detail conscious, you will identify risks and opportunities for improvement.
- A proven track record leading small teams, along with mentoring and developing their skills.
- Outstanding knowledge of modern and classical cinematic fundamentals with an application towards establishing mood, tone, and emotion.
- Excellent understanding of cinematic storytelling, composition and pacing.
- Well versed in a variety of cinematic presentation styles and up to date with the latest cinematic techniques and innovations.
- Deep understanding of the game development process
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to visualize creative ideas and collaborate in a multidisciplinary team environment giving and taking direction, critiques, and constructive feedback.
- Experience with the performance capture process.
- An understanding of animation theory and technique.
- A strong showreel showing recent work.
- Experience crafting real time cinematics within technical constraints.
- Knowledge of 3D software such as 3DS Max and Maya.
- A genuine passion for video games.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious artist to further their career at one of the world’s most exciting games studios which creates highly successful world class games using cutting edge technology.Apply Now