Playground Games is looking for a Gameplay Animator to join our talented Fable team here in Leamington Spa.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun. We are excited to be rebooting the much-loved Fable franchise and are expanding our diverse team to create a new classic in the action RPG genre.
About the role:
As a Gameplay Animator at Playground, you are passionate, eager to learn and a keen problem solver. We are looking for a creative animator with a passion for games and a curiosity about how to best implement your ideas into the build.
Your experience in animation will have given you a solid foundation to build on and a developed eye for the breakdown and design of animation focused mechanics.
Our ideal candidate is a promising animator who is passionate about their craft, skilled in the creation of a wide range of animation and has the track record to prove it.
This is a permanent role based at our state-of-the-art facilities in Royal Leamington Spa.
What you’ll do:
- Create and iterate on high-quality key-frame and mocap animation assets and implement them in-game.
- Follow directions on content workflows.
- Be accountable for your own milestone planning.
- Collaborate in the running of mocap shoots staying mindful of technical limitations.
What you’ll bring:
- Exceptional keyframe animation skills, demonstrable in a reel that showcases your expert knowledge of fundamental animation principles and acting skills.
- Demonstrate proficient command of weight, timing, and posing through manipulating motion capture data as well as key-frame animation.
- Passion for game dev, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make “world-class games” with an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.Apply Now