Playground Games is looking for a Senior Lighting Artist to join our talented Forza Horizon team here in Leamington Spa.
As a premier first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and most of all, fun. We are looking to expand our diverse team as we continue driving forward our BAFTA award-winning Forza Horizon franchise.
About the role:
As Senior Lighting Artist, you will be working with the Lighting Lead and Art Directors to realise our vision for the lighting of Forza Horizon. You will create and maintain all elements of world lighting and proactively drive collaboration with other departments.
Passionate about your craft, skilled in lighting, colour and composition, and with a track record to prove it, you will also benefit from a level of autonomy that allows you to be trusted with planning and delivering your own tasks to our expected standards.
This is a permanent role based at our state-of-the-art facilities in Royal Leamington Spa with a hybrid work model in place. Relocation assistance is available if required.
What you’ll do:
- Create lighting setups for our open world environments
- Setup time of day lighting and atmosphere
- Control Weather types and chances
- Light Cinematics
- Work with the Lighting Lead and Art Directors to establish visual targets
What you will bring:
- Excellent understanding of lighting theory and pipelines
- Excellent knowledge of cutting-edge real-time lighting techniques
- An interest in off-line 3D rendering
- Experience baking lightmaps is desirable
- A genuine passion for games
This is an excellent opportunity for exceptional lighting artists who are looking to further their career with an ambitious developer.Apply Now