Playground Games are looking to grow their world-class Forza Horizon audio team with the addition of a Technical Audio Designer, keen to create incredible audio experiences.
About the role:
As a Technical Audio Designer, you will work with the Audio Lead to plan and deliver technical audio features, supporting the Audio Design team by implementing bespoke audio systems and optimizing pipelines.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about their craft, autonomous yet team-focused, and has a proven track record in games development.
This role is based in our state-of-the-art studio in Leamington Spa, with a hybrid work model in place. Relocation assistance is available if required.
What you'll do:
- Implement compelling audio solutions that are key to our projects vision.
- Drive the development of audio systems and underlying audio technology within our custom, proprietary engine.
- Support pipelines and tools for delivering audio content.
- Become a key collaborator who can work effectively within a large multi-disciplined team.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and best practices related to audio programming techniques and technologies.
- Additionally carry out creative audio design tasks and activities.
What you'll bring:
- Audio Design experience with demonstrable work on at least one published title (ideally AAA).
- The ability to adapt to new technology and audio tools, with experience of FMOD a plus.
- Excellent task planning and delivery mindset.
- Proficiency in C++ desirable but not essential.
- A genuine passion for video games and technical audio design.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
If you require any reasonable accommodation to apply for this position, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.orgApply Now