Playground Games is looking for a Payroll Manager to join our team on a contract basis.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun.
About the role:
Working closely with the Finance Manager and wider Finance and HR team, in a fast-paced environment, to deliver effective financial processes within the Company. The role involves engaging with a range of disciplines and external stakeholders and requires the ability to work to deadlines and high levels of accuracy.
This is a part time role with 15 hours a week over 3 days, of which 2 would be office based in Royal Leamington Spa.
What you’ll do:
- Collate and prepare monthly payroll information for outsourcing to external payroll and pension partners
- Communicate with external partners on payroll processing queries
- Check and agree monthly payroll figures returned from external partners
- Respond to employee payroll queries
- Monthly payroll analysis and journal preparation
- Update internal finance salary records
- Analyse employee healthcare benefits for P11D’s
- Ad-hoc tasks as required by the Finance Manager and Finance Director
- Ensure that all duties, checks and documentation are completed to the required level of accuracy and within defined timelines
- Perform other duties, and provide general assistance to broader finance team, as may be requested from time to time
- Keep up to date with the company benefits and policies
- Be aware of changes to payroll legislation
What you’ll bring:
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of Microsoft Excel for reporting and analysis purposes
- Knowledge and previous experience in a Payroll role
- High attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional attitude and ability to work in a confidential manner
- Excellent communication skills and real team player
- Flexibility to be involved in a number of finance support activities at a time
- Maintain strong working relationships with team members
- Good working knowledge of MS Office inc Outlook, Word
- Be a champion for Playground Games and everything we produce
- Adhere to company procedures
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.Apply Now