Playground Games is looking for a Lead Pipeline Engineer to join our Fable team on a contract basis.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun. We are excited to be rebooting the much-loved Fable franchise and are expanding our diverse team to create a new classic in the action RPG genre.
About the role:
As Lead Pipeline Engineer, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining all our data pipelines. The work is particularly interesting and challenging as this is an open world game. You will work alongside the systems and tools engineers to ensure you are developing appropriate pipelines from source asset creation to its runtime representation in engine. You will work with the various content teams to ensure they understand how the system works, and provide tools so they can reason about and debug the pipelines.
Our ideal candidate is someone experienced in developing and working on data pipelines, particularly with experience around the challenges an open world game brings to that. You should be passionate about data, and passionate about leading a small team of engineers.
This is a contract role based at our state-of-the-art facilities in Royal Leamington Spa.
What you’ll do:
- Working within our custom, proprietary engine, ensure our open world build pipeline supports all the features we require, builds as fast as possible, and produces the best possible result.
- Create debug tools to ensure the result can be reasoned about and debugged should anything unexpected happen.
- Mentor and develop the pipeline engineering team to ensure they’re working to the best of their abilities.
- Maintain a clear roadmap of work with clear delivery dates.
What you’ll bring:
- 2+ years of pipeline engineering experience, with demonstrable work on at least 1 published title (ideally AAA).
- Experience leading a small team or a multi-discipline collaboration, and a passion to lead others.
- Excellent communication skills, and a collaborative mindset to help everyone achieve their goals.
- A genuine passion for video games.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make world-class games with an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.Apply Now