Playground Games is looking for a Senior Outsource Character Artist to join our Fable team on a Permanent basis.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun. We are excited to be rebooting the much-loved Fable franchise and are expanding our diverse team to create a new classic in the action RPG genre.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
You will be part of the Central Art Outsource Team, aiding in the creation of the people of Albion. Working closely with the Lead Outsource Artist and the Art Outsource Manager to deliver high quality game assets, while collaborating with members of the internal Character Art team.
Our ideal candidate has a passion for crafting visually stunning characters, demonstrating a strong understanding of outfit design, anatomy, and proportions. As a Senior Outsource Character Artist, your primary responsibility will be to guide artists and provide feedback to ensure the efficient delivery of exceptional character assets for our games before refining the final character assets to perfection in our engine.
This role is based in our state-of-the-art studio in Leamington Spa, with a hybrid work model in place. Relocation assistance is available if required.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manage the outsourcing pipeline, defining the scope of work, providing feedback and art direction, and ensuring timely delivery of high-quality assets
- Provide clear and concise feedback to external vendors on character assets to ensure they meet the studio's quality standards, technical requirements, and artistic vision, guiding them through any technical or artistic issues that arise during production
- Refine final character assets in Maya, Substance, or other DCC software, and then import them into engine, troubleshooting rendering and shader issues and balancing textures
- Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation, including content guides and technical specifications, to facilitate consistent and efficient communication with external vendors
- Mentor and provide feedback to internal and external artists to enhance their skills and help them reach their full potential
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- A portfolio demonstrating high-quality Character work and AAA games experience. This portfolio can be submitted as a link to a portfolio website or added as an attachment along with your CV
- Experience managing outsourcing pipelines and collaborating with external vendors
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to provide clear and concise feedback and art direction
- Passion and enthusiasm to deliver a wide range of characters for a much-loved franchise
This is a fantastic opportunity to make characters for a world class game with an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.Apply Now