Playground Games is looking to grow their world class team with a highly skilled and experienced VFX specialist, with exceptional knowledge of creating real-time in-game effects and researching, visualizing and animating natural and spectacular looking effects.
As a Senior VFX Artist, you must be able to direct yourself and heavily influence projects within a multi-discipline team, and as such we are looking for someone who can bring a strong creative vision to our projects and communicate this via your developed communication and collaboration skills.You’ll have the ability to build and maintain a vision that can help compliment the look of a game, conceptualising and creating natural and realistic effects, all working in real time, whilst being familiar with and conscious of pipeline issues and limitations, as well as prioritising and optimising VFX to deliver fantastic results in-game.
Ideally you’ll have an appreciation of a broad range of art styles, and the ability to emulate this through art work in engine, using your grasp of the principles of animation, dynamics and lighting. As an experienced professional, you’ll have strong planning and organisational ability, and will enjoy collaborating with engineering teams to develop new technologies, innovations and processes, implementing these into future systems as appropriate.
· Proficiency with 3D graphics, particle systems, physics, ribbons, shaders and post process effects
· Knowledge of a 3D application (e.g. Houdini, Max, Maya)
· Proficiency in creating pre-rendered simulations for use as particle flipbooks.
· Strong Photoshop editing skills for creating textures for use with particle systems
· Animation experience
· An outstanding portfolio demonstrating your particle and VFX work for AAA titles
· Experience with HLSL, or GLSL, Python, C++, C#, languages is a plus.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the world’s most exciting games studios, using cutting edge technology to create world class games, within a strong, collaborative team.Apply Now