Playground Games is looking for a PC Platform QA Technician to join our Fable team on a contract basis.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun. We are excited to be rebooting the much-loved Fable franchise and are expanding our diverse team to create a new classic in the action RPG genre.
About the role:
As a PC Platform QA Technician, you will be working with the Quality Assurance and Engineering teams to deliver a great player experience on PC. You will use your experience, observation skills and clear communication to help ensure that all work is bug free and of the highest possible quality.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced QA Technician who is a hardcore PC gamer, has experience building PCs, is passionate about games, has excellent communication skills and a keen eye for detail.
This role is based in our state-of-the-art studio in Leamington Spa, with a hybrid work model in place. Relocation assistant is available if required.
What you’ll do:
- Validate new game builds on PC
- Test new features as they appear in game, ensuring all work is to the highest possible standard and resolve regressions with the development team
- Liaise with developers to ensure that you keep up to date with the current game design and functionality, as well as sharing this information in a clear and concise manner with an external test team to facilitate their testing of the title
- Represent our PC gaming community to ensure our game is meeting demands expected of a AAA title on PC
- Write and maintain test plans to support the development team in achieving project goals
- Manage and maintain the bug database for your areas of responsibility
What you’ll bring:
- Experience working in a QA Technician or equivalent position on at least one published AAA console title
- Expert knowledge of PC hardware and major graphics cards
- Familiarity with concepts such as; Resolution, Framerate, DRS, and other rendering techniques and how to tweak player facing settings of these to get the best PC performance and quality
- A good understanding of tools such as; Process Explorer and other PC performance tools
- An understanding of the game development process
This is a phenomenal opportunity to contribute to world-class games alongside a talented and collaborative team at one of the industry's most thrilling first-party game studios.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
If you require any reasonable accommodation to apply for this position, please contact us on email@example.comApply Now