Playground Games is looking for a Road Authoring Environment Artist to join our talented Forza Horizon team here in Leamington Spa.
As a premier first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and most of all fun. We are looking to expand our diverse team as we continue driving forward our BAFTA award-winning Forza Horizon franchise.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a Road Authoring Environment Artist, you will be working with the Environment team to deliver the content required for creating the immersive environment of Forza Horizon. You will be responsible for creating consistently high-quality environment art and raising the bar for content in our game. You'll work closely with internal stakeholders, so communicating effectively is essential.
Our ideal candidate is an extraordinary Environment Artist who is passionate about their craft, skilled with the tools of the trade and has the track record to prove it.
This role is based in our state-of-the-art studio in Leamington Spa, with a hybrid work model. Relocation assistance is available if required.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work closely with Leads, Directors, and multi-disciplinary stakeholders to create visually stunning environments that meet gameplay needs.
- Work with your team to define artistic benchmarks, workflows, and final game content.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Strong focus on creating materials using a PBR workflow in Substance Designer.
- Strong understanding of the use of real-world reference.
- Experience processing and working with photogrammetry.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
- Experience with material application to 3D assets to match real world reference and convey storytelling and history.
- Aptitude to work with technical tooling and procedural systems.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills. Ability to manage tasks, meet deadlines, proactively address work-related issues, and a passion for learning and evolving as a professional.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.
If you require any reasonable accommodation to apply for this position, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply Now