Playground Games is looking for a Co-Dev Design Director to join our Fable team on a permanent basis.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun. We are excited to be rebooting the much-loved Fable franchise and are expanding our diverse team to create a new classic in the action RPG genre.
About the role:
As Co-Dev Design Director within a multi-discipline co-dev leadership team, you will be working with external studios to deliver design work to a high standard. Our ideal candidate is an expert Co-Dev Design Director who is passionate about their craft, skilled in design, top-down thinking, planning and organisation, and collaboration, and has the track record to prove it.
This is a permanent role based at our state-of-the-art facilities in Royal Leamington Spa.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to the preparation of co-development mandates while taking responsibility for inter-studio collaboration and subsequent completion of design deliverables.
- Clearly communicate with external studios to maintain understanding of project direction while forming strong, trusting relationships with external studio team members.
- Update project leadership and PG teammates to keep them informed on co-development progress.
What you’ll bring:
- 8+ years of design leadership experience, with demonstrable work on at least 2 published titles (ideally AAA).
- An ability to develop lasting and productive relationships in a collaborative team with diverse perspectives.
- An ability to work autonomously with little management overhead.
- A genuine passion for video games.
- Experience in Co-Development positions is preferred, but not required.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make world-class games with an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.Apply Now