Playground Games is looking for an Operations Manager to join our Operations team on a Maternity Contract basis.
About us:As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun.
About the role:
As Administration Manager you are responsible for the smooth and efficient running of the administrative function and front of house operations for both studios. Reporting to the Chief of Staff, this role involves interacting with a variety of internal teams, disciplines and stakeholders, in addition to external visitors and suppliers. You’ll provide leadership, support and guidance to the admin team and be recognised as a resource to others. You’ll lead responsibility for planning and delivering an engaging calendar of events and activities for Playground Games, alongside working on multiple projects.
Our ideal candidate has proven experience in a business support role, experience managing a small team and has a wealth of event management experience. You are proactive with the ability to juggle your own schedule of work and are comfortable in a fast-paced environment. You are genuinely excited to be a champion for Playground Games and everything we produce.
This is a fully office based maternity contract role based across our two state-of-the-art facilities in Royal Leamington Spa.
What you’ll do:
- Manage a team of administrators, to provide efficient day to day running of the studios front of house operations and administrative functions.
- Lead responsibility for the planning and delivery of Playground Games events, including Christmas and summer events, alongside a busy calendar of internal and external events and activities.
- Assist the Chief of Staff with charity fundraising and philanthropy.
- Lead the collation of ideas for merchandise and hold overall responsibility for all merchandise designed, supplied, and distributed by Playground Games, ensuring brand guidelines and budgets are adhered to.
- Work closely alongside the Facilities team to proactively maintain the appearance and functionality of the studios, including management of the cleaning contract, building access and car parking facilities.
- Abide by and promote the studio’s Health & Safety policy in conjunction with current health and safety legislation and assist the Chief of Staff with H&S duties as required.
- Oversee the procurement and replenishment of studio supplies, including approving purchase orders and invoices.
- Assist the wider Operations team, Dev team and ERGs with a variety of ad hoc tasks.
What you’ll bring:
- 3 years proven experience in an equivalent or similar Operations role
- Professional or Academic qualification in Business or related subject
- Events management experience
- Experience managing a small team
- Ability to work across multiple projects and prioritise a complex, varied workload in a fast-paced environment
- Experience of working to set budgets
- Decision making and problem-solving ability
- Ability to fit into a creative team environment
- A genuine passion for customer service with awareness of internal and external customer needs