Playground Games is looking for a Dialogue Designer to join our Fable team on a contract basis.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun. We are excited to be rebooting the much-loved Fable franchise and are expanding our diverse team to create a new classic in the action RPG genre.
About the role:
As Dialogue Designer, you will work closely with the Audio, Cinematic, Design, and Narrative teams to cast a diverse set of characters and work with actors and voice over directors to deliver top tier quality vocal performances.
This is a contract role based in our state-of-the-art studio in Leamington Spa, with a hybrid work model in place. Relocation assistance is available if required.
What you will do:
- Assist with implementation of all voice over in the game.
- Edit and process voice over sessions to deliver game-ready assets.
- Assist with the management of outsource engagements and review delivered assets.
- Run remote voice over sessions and be willing to travel to multiple voice over studios to be on site for casting and voice-over sessions.
- Work with localisation studios to deliver a global release.
What you will bring:
- Work on at least one published AAA title as Dialogue Designer preferred.
- A detailed knowledge of the most common digital audio workstations and plugins. Knowledge of FMOD and / or Wwise, ideally having shipped AAA games using either.
- An incredibly keen ear for audio production detail. Understanding of microphone technique and acting coaching/voice direction preferred.
- An understanding of in-game dialogue systems and pipelines preferred, as well as the ability to adapt to new technology and game engine tools.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A passion for game audio and lead an active gaming lifestyle.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make world-class games with an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.Apply Now