Playground Games is looking for an Assistant Vehicle Handling Designer to join our talented Forza Horizon team here in Leamington Spa on a contract basis.
As a premier first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and most of all fun. We are looking to expand our diverse team as we continue driving forward our BAFTA award-winning Forza Horizon franchise.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
About the role:
As an Assistant Vehicle Handling Designer you'll be working within the Vehicle Team to deliver authentic, fun and engaging handling that is fitting of Forza Horizon. You will support the Vehicle Handling Team with the design and implementation of new handling features as well as car setup.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about racing games and automotive technology with good knowledge of vehicle dynamics and setup.
This role is based in our state-of-the-art studio in Leamington Spa, with a hybrid work model in place. Relocation assistance is available if required.
What you’ll do:
- Support the Vehicle Handling Team in implementation of new handling features.
- Use propriety tools to implement and setup new vehicles for Forza Horizon 5's Live Program.
- Act as a champion of quality while developing highly satisfying, engaging vehicle handling.
What you’ll bring:
- An understanding of car setup and the ability to communicate vehicle behaviours.
- A passion for cars and games.
- An education in Game Design or Computing is advantageous.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience with Excel and SQL is a plus.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.