Playground Games is looking for a Procedural Technical Artist to join our Forza Horizon team.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun. We are proud to be the creators of the multi-award-winning Forza Horizon series and are expanding our diverse team to make the best racing games possible.
About the role:
As a Procedural Technical Artist, you will collaborate across multiple disciplines acting as a bridge between art and engineering teams leading the development of our procedural pipelines. This includes authoring and updating Houdini digital assets, writing and maintaining various python libraries.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced Technical Artist with a focus on Houdini based procedural pipelines who is passionate about their craft and has the track record to prove it.
What you’ll do:
- Take ownership of the Houdini part of our procedural world creation system and support content teams using it.
- Be responsible for general architecture, plan future upgrades and implement features.
- Collaborate with other engineering and art teams to make sure the toolset remains agile and can deliver world class results.
- Educate the wider content teams on best practices and Houdini driven development.
What you’ll bring:
- Experience with using Houdini & creating HDA’s
- Experience with Python & tools development
- Great problem solving & critical thinking abilities
- Good communication skills
- A genuine passion for video games.
- Experience in the video game industry is a plus, but is not required
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a world-class game with an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.Apply Now