Playground Games is looking for a Character Asset Integration Artist to join our Fable team, on a contract basis.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun. We are excited to be rebooting the much-loved Fable franchise and are expanding our diverse team to create a new classic in the action RPG genre.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
You will be part of the Character Team, creating the people and creatures of Albion. You will work closely with the Lead Character Artist to prepare briefs, provide feedback and documentation to outsource partners and integrate assets delivered from them into the game
Our ideal candidate has experience of creating of highly realistic characters and a passion for working with outsource partners to deliver them
This is a contract role based at our state-of-the-art facilities in Royal Leamington Spa.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Review character assets from our outsource vendors and provide clear and concise feedback
- Submit assets into Perforce and integrate them into our game engine
- Work closely with the Character Art, Outsource vendors, Concept and our Tech Animation and Animation Teams
- Provide briefs and maintain workflow documentation for our outsource partners
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- A keen eye for spotting everything from file naming errors to sculpted details not matching concepts
- Experience of working within game engines, specifically importing and setting up art assets
- Knowledge of Shotgrid for task tracking and feedback
- A genuine passion for video games and Fable
This is a fantastic opportunity to make characters for a world class game with an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.Apply Now