Playground Games is seeking a Senior Scriptwriter for Fable.
As part of the writing team you’ll work closely with the Lead Writer to develop the game’s story and script. You’ll be a strong collaborator with a proven track record of writing great dialogue, memorable characters, and compelling storylines for video games.
- Craft compelling storylines, memorable characters, and rich lore to support the project vision
- Create and maintain story treatments, character bios, environment guides, cinematic and in-game scripts, casting briefs, and other narrative documentation
- Work in close collaboration with other disciplines to communicate the narrative vision and implement narrative content
- Prepare scripts for voice recording and attend recording sessions as required
- Identify opportunities and push new avenues for storytelling
- Collaborate with designers to provide narrative support for new features and design requests
- Provide insightful, constructive feedback to other writers
- A genuine passion for games and interactive storytelling
- A demonstrable track record of quality as a writer on at least one AAA narrative game, RPG experience a plus.
- Several years of professional experience writing creatively for games, TV, film, theatre, comics, or related media
- Exceptional story and character development skills
- A flair for writing characterful, witty dialogue
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A natural collaborator who’s comfortable working in cross-discipline teams
- Willingness to receive and provide insightful, constructive feedback
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the world’s most exciting games studios, using cutting edge technology to create world class games, within a strong, collaborative team.