Playground Games is looking for an Environment Artist to join our talented Fable team here in Leamington Spa on a contract basis.
We are a premier Xbox Game Studio, crafting genre-defining games that delight players with their accessibility, visual allure, and pure fun. Our diverse and passionate team is currently working on the exciting reboot of the much-adored Fable franchise.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As an Environment Artist, you will be working with the World Building team to deliver the content required for creating the immersive environment of Fable. You will be responsible for creating consistently high-quality environment art and raising the bar for content in our game. You'll work closely with internal stakeholders, so communicating effectively is essential.
Our ideal candidate is an extraordinary Environment Artist who is passionate about their craft, skilled in 3d modelling, texturing, and scene composition and has the track record to prove it.
This is a contract role based in our state-of-the-art studio in Leamington Spa, with a hybrid work model. Relocation assistance is available if required.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Work closely with Leads, Directors, and multi-disciplinary stakeholders to create visually stunning environments that meet gameplay needs.
- You will develop and implement environmental assets, such as Props, Architecture, Geology, Foliage, or Materials.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Experience in Environment Art development, demonstrated by an online portfolio.
- Expertise in 3D modeling, texturing, and scene composition.
- Familiarity with industry-standard software like 3ds Max, Zbrush, Substance Suite, and Photoshop.
- Strong knowledge of PBR techniques and asset authoring industry standards.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills. Ability to manage tasks, meet deadlines, proactively address work-related issues, and a passion for learning and evolving as a professional.
DESIRABLE (NOT REQUIRED):
- Experience working on console games or RPG games. Skills in photogrammetry and using scan data in your work.
This is an incredible opportunity to make world-class games with a talented and collaborative team at one of the industry's most exciting first-party game studios.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and welcomes applications from candidates of all backgrounds.Apply Now