Playground Games is looking for a Build Engineer to join our Fable team on a permanent basis.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun. We are excited to be rebooting the much-loved Fable franchise and are expanding our diverse team to create a new classic in the action RPG genre.
About the role:
As a Build Engineer you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining automated processes which form a critical part of the delivery of our game and tools. You’ll work closely with internal stakeholders, so your ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively is vital. You are highly motivated and approachable, with a strong desire to ensure the development process is the best it can be.
Your passion for working with cutting edge hardware and software will see you managing and developing a large build server installation in an automated and efficient manner and working to streamline the development process.
This is a permanent role based at our state-of-the-art facilities in Royal Leamington Spa, with a hybrid work model in place. Relocation assistance is available if required.
What you’ll do:
- Ensuring uptime of critical Continuous Integration pipelines
- Analysing and reporting Pipeline stability and paths to improvement
- Supporting developers in best-practices for Version Control usage
- Automating commonly used workflow patterns to be used by the entire team
- Keeping up to date with developments in scripting languages and Build systems
What you’ll bring:
- Experience with one or more scripting languages such as Powershell
- Experience of continuous integration systems such as TeamCity
- Knowledge of source control systems such as Perforce
- Experience in Infrastructure-as-code such as Powershell DSC advantageous
- Knowledge of C# would be advantageous
- Experience working with Azure would be advantageous
- Good problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A passion for games
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a team and project at an early stage, giving you the rare chance to shape the future of an exciting, large-scale AAA title from the outset. It will provide exciting new challenges for any experienced developer looking to further their career and create world class games.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.Apply Now