Playground Games is looking for a Technical QA Engineer to join our Fable team. We welcome Engineers of all levels to apply.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun. We are excited to be rebooting the much-loved Fable franchise and are expanding our diverse team to create a new classic in the action RPG genre.
About the role:
As a Technical QA Engineer you will work alongside our automation engineers and QA department to ensure the game is at the highest standard it can be. You will help to design and create tests which would benefit from automation using our custom engine and automation framework, using the C# language. You will also develop and design other data and tools to get insights into the health of the data and game in general, to help drive engineer effort towards the areas that need it most.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced C# engineer who is passionate about ensuring quality throughout development – ensuring that all the data in the game is of high quality, and helping develop tests that ensure the data stays at a high quality.
This is a permanent role based at our state-of-the-art facilities in Royal Leamington Spa, with a hybrid work model in place. Relocation assistance is available if required.
What you’ll do:
- Work with the various teams to develop new automated tests to ensure we’re alerted to any issues around performance and stability.
- Work with our QA team to automate tests that they manually run, and to identify other automated tests that would benefit the team.
- Develop and design telemetry systems to gain a deeper understanding of the performance of the game.
What you’ll bring:
- C# or C++ and software architecture skills.
- Passion for automation and quality, and a desire to keep learning and staying on the cutting edge.
- A genuine passion for video games.
- This is a fantastic opportunity to make world-class games with an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.Apply Now