Playground Games is looking for an Game Design Assistant to join our Fable team on a permanent basis.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun. We are excited to be rebooting the much-loved Fable franchise and are expanding our diverse team to create a new classic in the action RPG genre.
About the role:
As a Game Design Assistant you will be working with the design discipline to design and implement systems and features within Fable.
Our ideal candidate is a promising game designer who is passionate about their craft, has a willingness to be hands on, and is eager to learn.
This is a permanent role based at our state-of-the-art facilities in Royal Leamington Spa.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to high-quality feature and system designs.
- Collaborate with a highly motivated, talented cross-discipline team.
- Use our custom, propriety engine and tools to implement systems and features to the highest standard.
What you’ll bring:
- A portfolio demonstrating high-quality game design work. This portfolio can be submitted as a link to a portfolio website or added as an attachment along with your CV.
- Passion for problem identification and solving.
- A flexible, motivated, and friendly approach to your work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A genuine passion for video games.
- Experience with text-based or visual scripting tools is a plus.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make world-class games with an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.Apply Now