Playground Games is looking for a Principal Character Artist to join our Fable team on a Permanent basis.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun. We are excited to be rebooting the much-loved Fable franchise and are expanding our diverse team to create a new classic in the action RPG genre.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
You will be part of the Character Team, creating the people and creatures of Albion. You will work side by side with the Lead Character Artist to deliver high quality game characters, as well as providing feedback and documentation to outsource partners and other members of the team.
Our ideal candidate is a highly talented and experienced artist who is passionate about their craft, skilled in sculpting anatomy for humans, animals and creatures, along with the ability to produce realistic clothing and armour and has examples to prove it.
This is a permanent role based at our state-of-the-art facilities in Royal Leamington Spa, with the choice of hybrid working.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Establish and maintain the benchmark for highly realistic sculpting, retopology and texturing
- Help to define pipelines and workflow in collaboration with the Character Art Lead, and the Tech Art, Concept, Tech Animation and Animation Teams
- Help to provide and maintain documentation and feedback for the team and our outsource partners
- Integration of characters in to engine, troubleshooting rendering/shader issues and balancing textures
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- A portfolio demonstrating high-quality Character work and AAA games experience. This portfolio can be submitted as a link to a portfolio website or added as an attachment along with your CV
- Passion and enthusiasm to deliver a wide range of characters for a much-loved franchise
- A team player who thrives on collaboration and sharing ideas
- A genuine passion for video games and Fable
This is a fantastic opportunity to make characters for a world class game with an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.Apply Now