Playground Games is looking for a Lighting Artist to join our talented Fable team here in Leamington Spa
We are a premier Xbox Game Studio, crafting genre-defining games that delight players with their accessibility, visual allure, and pure fun. Our diverse and passionate team is currently working on the exciting reboot of the much-adored Fable franchise.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a lighting artist, you will collaboration with Leads, Directors, and multi-disciplinary teams to deliver world class lighting for our open world games.
You will set up time of day cycles and light environments and control the atmosphere and mood of the next entry into the Fable franchise.
You will join a world class team of passionate developers and artists who aim to push real-time visuals to new heights.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Design lighting arrangements for our wide-ranging open-world environments.
- Develop atmospheric conditions and time-of-day lighting.
- Regulate various weather types and occurrences.
- Collaborate with the Lighting Lead and Art Directors to align with visual goals.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Experience with real-time lighting, PBR, and a solid understanding of lighting principles, showcased by an online portfolio.
- Knowledge of lighting pipelines and modern art techniques.
- An interest in offline 3D rendering is beneficial.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills, ability to manage tasks, meet deadlines, address challenges proactively, and a drive for continuous learning and professional development.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to contribute to world-class games alongside a talented and collaborative team at one of the industry's most thrilling first-party game studios.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages applications from candidates of all backgrounds.Apply Now