Playground Games is looking for Gameplay Designers (All Levels) to join our Fable team on a permanent basis.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun. We are excited to be rebooting the much-loved Fable franchise and are expanding our diverse team to create a new classic in the action RPG genre.
About the role:
As a Gameplay Designer, you will be working with the Gameplay Design team who take responsibility for the design and implementation of features within combat, enemies, 3Cs and traversal and encounters, and collaborating with other disciplines to ensure delivery.
Our ideal candidate is a Gameplay Designer who is passionate about their craft and has experience in character-driven gameplay and combat design.
This is a permanent role based at our state-of-the-art facilities in Royal Leamington Spa.
What you’ll do:
- Take ownership of creating and maintaining designs.
- Use our custom, proprietary engine and tools to implement designs to the highest standard.
- Champion quality while developing highly satisfying, engaging action gameplay.
- Collaborate with other disciplines, support teammates and provide feedback on work.
What you'll bring:
- Gameplay design experience, ideally with character-driven combat.
- A portfolio, or industry work, demonstrating relevant design ability. This portfolio can be submitted as a link to a portfolio website or added as an attachment along with your CV.
- A flexible, highly motivated and friendly approach to your work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A genuine passion for video games.
- Experience with text-based or visual scripting tools.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make world-class games with an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.Apply Now