Playground Games is looking for an Audio Programmer to join our Forza team.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As an Audio Programmer, you will be working with the Audio Design, Game Design and Engineering teams to deliver audio features and core technology features. You will work with the Lead Engineer to establish high-level goals for the Audio Engineering team and directly with the Audio Design Lead to plan and deliver technical audio features.
Our ideal candidate is an expert audio programmer who is passionate about their craft, autonomous, skilled in C++, and has a proven track record in games development.
This role is based in our state-of-the-art studio in Leamington Spa, with a hybrid work model in place. Relocation assistance is available if required.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work with the Audio Design team to understand their requirements.
- Implement compelling audio solutions that are key to our projects vision.
- Lead the development of audio features and underlying audio technology within our custom, proprietary engine.
- Support pipelines and tools for delivering audio content.
- Become a key collaborator who can work effectively within a large multi-disciplined team.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and best practices related to audio programming techniques and technologies.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Audio Engineering experience, with demonstrable work on at least one published title (ideally AAA).
- Experience with third party audio tools, but experience with FMOD is a plus.
- Strong proficiency in the C++ programming language and object-oriented design principles
- Excellent task planning and delivery mindset.
- A genuine passion for video games and technical audio design.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to applyApply Now