Playground Games is looking for a qualified Portable Appliance Tester to work as part of the Facilities team. This is a full-time position offered, initially, on a 6 month FTC.
For the most part, you will be working independently and will predominantly be travelling around the midlands to PAT test our remote/home based workers computer equipment.
You will be inspecting and testing computer and electrical appliances including laptops, monitors, PC’s and Xbox’s. You will be expected to comply with our COVID H&S Policy as well as following government guidance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· The inspecting and testing of portable electrical appliances offsite (and on occasion, testing equipment within the two Playground Games studios)
· To effectively schedule appointments in advance with staff and organise your day to maximise the number of home visits that can be done each week
· Testing to an agreed programme and in accordance with the current regulations and recommendations
· To input test results into the company database and label equipment as necessary
· Following company procedures for logging tested kit, labelling equipment, reporting faults and swapping out faulty equipment
· To maintain a professional appearance and conduct, as well as a friendly and approachable demeanour at all times
· Adhere to Company Health & Safety Policies and Procedures at all times
· To work alone with the ability to self-motivate and to manage your own time effectively
· A van and PAT testing equipment will be provided
· You will be provided with PPE to mitigate COVID risk
· City & Guilds 2377-22 and 2377-32 OR City & Guilds 2377-77
· A full driving licence
· Good computer skills including using Outlook and Excel
· Excellent customer service skills – our staff are the Facilities teams customers
· Proven track record of Portable Appliance Testing & ability to demonstrate working knowledge
· Excellent verbal and written communication skillsApply Now