Playground Games is looking for a Senior Technical Writer to join our Fable team on a contract basis.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun. We are excited to be rebooting the much-loved Fable franchise and are expanding our diverse team to create a new classic in the action RPG genre.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a Senior Technical Writer, you will work across every discipline to ensure all facets of development are supported by robust documentation. This includes authoring instruction manuals for our proprietary engine, workflow guides for creating in-game content, and troubleshooting resources for our internal development team and external partners.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced Technical Writer who is passionate about their craft and has a track record of excellence to prove it.
This is a contract role based at our state-of-the-art facilities in Royal Leamington Spa, with a hybrid work model in place. Relocation assistance is available if required. The contract length is initially 12 months, with the option to extend should you demonstrate value.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Be accountable for creating and maintaining effective and accurate tools documentation in step with our engineering efforts. This necessitates an active participation in the development process and the capacity to learn new software systems quickly.
- Collaborate with creative teams to understand the workflows and pipelines they use to create content for the game—and deliver comprehensive user guides that anyone can use to self-educate on these processes. This involves acting as a bridge between technical and creative disciplines, interrogating inter-departmental dependency chains, and advocating for the end user.
- Help our support and QA teams populate and propagate our new troubleshooting assets.
- Have the flexibility to meet the various needs of the project and the ingenuity to spot opportunities wherein you can offer further value to the studio.
- Be a champion for documentation best practices and key writing skills.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- At least three years of technical writing experience in a software role.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills, with a particular emphasis on stakeholder management and interviewing SMEs to extract complex technical information.
- The ability to balance and prioritise concurrent deliverables and submit high-quality work to tight deadlines without managerial oversight.
- Experience with web-based content management systems such as Confluence.
- A genuine passion for video games.
- Experience in the video game industry is a plus, but not required.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a world-class game with an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
If you require any reasonable accommodation to apply for this position, please contact us on email@example.comApply Now