Playground Games is looking for a Character Artist to join our Fable team on a contract basis.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun. We are excited to be rebooting the much-loved Fable franchise and are expanding our diverse team to create a new classic in the action RPG genre.
About the role:
You will be part of the Character Team, creating the people and creatures of Albion. You will work closely with the Lead Character Artist to deliver high quality game characters [as well as providing feedback and documentation to outsource partners and other members of the team.]*
Our ideal candidate is a talented artist who is passionate about their craft, skilled in sculpting human and imagined anatomy, realistic clothing and armour and has examples to prove it.
This is a contract role based at our state-of-the-art facilities in Royal Leamington Spa.
What you’ll do:
- Highly realistic sculpting, retopology and texturing
- Close collaboration with the Character Art, Tech Art, Concept, Tech Animation and Animation Teams
- Documentation and feedback for the team and our outsource partners
- Integration of characters in engine.
What you’ll bring:
- A portfolio demonstrating high-quality Character work. This portfolio can be submitted as a link to a portfolio website or added as an attachment along with your CV
- Passion and enthusiasm to deliver a wide range of characters for a much-loved franchise
- A team player who thrives on collaboration and sharing ideas
- A genuine passion for video games and Fable
This is a fantastic opportunity to make characters for a world class game with an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.Apply Now