Playground Games is looking for a Senior Tools Engineer to join our Fable team on a contract basis.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun. We are excited to be rebooting the much-loved Fable franchise and are expanding our diverse team to create a new classic in the action RPG genre.
About the role:
As Senior Tools Engineer, you will be working with the Fable Tools team to deliver world class tools for our content creators. You will work with other disciplines to ensure delivery and maintenance of a powerful and efficient toolset that meets the needs of the development team.
Our ideal candidate is a expert Senior Tools Engineer who is passionate about their craft, skilled in [key skills], and has the track record to prove it.
This is a contract role based at our state-of-the-art facilities in Royal Leamington Spa.
What you’ll do:
- Working within our custom, proprietary engine, ensure our tools supports all the features we require to make world class content.
- Ensure the delivery of quality tools with testing to ensure stability throughout our tools.
- Mentor and develop the tools engineering team to ensure they’re working to the best of their abilities.
- Maintain a clear roadmap of work with clear delivery dates.
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of tools engineering experience, with demonstrable work on at least 1 published title (ideally AAA).
- Knowledge of how to create powerful, user-friendly tools for building amazing content.
- Expert in C# and software architecture skills.
- A genuine passion for video games.
- Experience with WPF is a plus.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make “a world-class game” with an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.Apply Now